Sunday, November 28, 2010

The case of the mysterious wrist darkening...

Recently and not so recently I have been getting a few comments on my wrist. Sometimes, someone will be like "Oh no, how did you get that bruise" other times it is "What's that on your wrist..". So here is the story I have this "thing" on my wrist. I can trace it back to a trip we took to New Orleans. I bought a rope bracelet there. You know the kind that means something and you're not supposed to take it off, it falls off. You following me? So anyway, years passed the thing has fallen off and there is still a marking. My theory has always been that it has to do with some New Orleans magical power or something. Truth is I've gotten used to it so I am always suprised when someone asks about it.

Enough is enough. I've finally decided to do some experiments and testing to see what it is and to see if my theory is right. So I took it to the "advice group" at work I always use. The smokers. Stay with me, it makes sense. I don't smoke but I can count on them for the following. They are always there (the DSS) and there is usually a mix of folks, and they take their time discussing things, no one is in a hurry to finish the cig. So the group was spilt half and half between dry skin and some bacterial infection (I believe someone got on their phone and did some WebMD magic but it was inconclusive).

So..I've decided to start treatment. I bought some expensive (I think it was 6 bucks) lotion and asked Rhino to pick me up some bacterial cream at the store. C'mon before you go ewww we've been together for 10 years and he has been on the wrist adventure this whole time, it's only fair to let him join in. So get this...he comes home with jock itch topical cream. Before I can go into how this can not be right, he states very matter of factly that it says "antifungal cream". HA, I say so you think it's a fungus. To which he responds you told me to get cream I got cream now you're mad at me cos you may have fungus. Seeing as neither of us are going to win this battle we just laugh it off. Long story short, I've been using the jock itch, expect Thanksgiving, I was prepping food people, I'm not a monster. And I think that mixed with my expensive 6 dollar lotion there is progress. It's too soon to say I am on the mend but hope has been restored. I can't wait to show all the smokers at work tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Is it itchy or flaky? Cortizone cures everything, Rick says. I say try some peroxide and see if it makes it bubbles, if it doesn't then... I got nothin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try both of those. Thanks for the tips Buckaroos. Bet you haven't heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been patient. I know you're busty... (oops I meant busy but it's funnier so I left it.)Anyhow, What's on your mind lately? Wanna type it out?

    ReplyDelete